5550 California Street
With its own private entrance from street, this top floor condo situated on a corner lot is a wonderful alternative to San Francisco single family living.
After you enter 5550 California from the street, you step into a generous private foyer and up your own set of stairs into the home. From the moment you enter, you will be taken with the feeling that you’ve stepped back into a more gracious and charming era.
The bright front living room is very sizable and features a beautiful wood-burning fireplace, built-in shelving, large bay windows, and a bonus cozy reading nook. The room has such a wonderful feel to it, given all of the natural light and unique architectural detailing.
The well-appointed modern kitchen has been recently updated with new stainless steel appliances, and it opens into the beautiful formal dining room. This layout and the bar counter allow for a nice open flow for both day-to-day living and entertaining, while still preserving the option for more formal dining when desired.
Another lovely and unique feature of the home is the large, attractive foyer separating the living and dining rooms. You can leave the lovely French doors open to bring the “outside in,” or sip your morning coffee or treat your guests to pre- or post-dinner cocktails al fresco.
The three generously sized bedrooms and 1-1/4 bathrooms are situated at rear of the home. This layout offers privacy and tranquility for those who are trying squeeze in a bit of extra snooze time on the weekends, even when the rest of the household is awake.
Rounding out this terrific offering is an in-unit full-sized washer/dryer, a large deeded storage area, and parking.
The property is well-located in the fantastic Lake District, where you get the best of old-world San Francisco, along with all of the conveniences of today. 5550 California is walking distance to some top culinary delights, including Pearl 6101, Pizzetta 211, Violet's, Fiorella, Angelina's Deli and Lokma. Outdoor enthusiasts will delight in the phenomenal access to the open spaces of the Presidio, Baker Beach, Land’s End and Golden Gate Park. Like to golf? Check. Like to hike? Yup. Want to go running? Play tennis? Shoot hoops? The neighborhood’s got you covered.
The condo is also very well situated for public transportation - the 1-California takes you right downtown - and there is easy highway access for commuters heading north or south.
This is a unique opportunity - welcome home!
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 1/4 Bath
- Top Floor
- Gorgeous Natural Light
- Private Entrance and Foyer
- Many Gracious Architectural Details Throughout, Including Wood Floors, Built-in Bookcases, Soaring Ceilings, and Crown Moldings
- Large Living Room with Wood-Burning Fireplace
- Fantastic Floor Plan
- Plentiful Closets
- Generous Bedrooms
- Updated Kitchen Which Opens to Dining Room
- Unique and Beautiful Foyer between Living Room/Dining Room with French Doors to Quiet Deck/Balcony
- In-Unit Washer/Dryer
- 1836 Square Feet, Per Tax Records (Buyer to verify all square footage numbers to their own satisfaction)
- Low HOA Dues: $275/month
- Tandem Driveway Parking
- Ample Storage
- Beautifully Landscaped Exterior
- A+ Lake District Location
- Short walking distance to many world class restaurants, including Pearly 6101, Pizzetta 211 & Violet’s
- Close proximity to Richmond Playground, the Presidio, Golden Gate Park, Lands End, Baker Beach & More
- Easy Commuter Location - Easy access to both public transportation and highways
Sat, 9/21, 2:00 - 4:00 pm
Sun, 9/22, 2:00 - 4:00 pm
Wed, 9/25, 5:30 - 7:00 pm
Sun, 9/29, 2:00 - 4:00 pm
Tues, 9/24, 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Tues, 10/1, 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Additional Showings by Appointment:
Contact Nader Kazemi
Contact Vicki Valandra